Shreve Memorial Library will present “Say W.H.A.T. (Working Hard All Together) Now,” an interactive dance and music program for patrons, as part of the library’s “All Together Now” Summer Reading Program. Taught by the group, The True Mission Matters Project, “Say W.H.A.T. Now!” will showcase the importance and positive impact of coming together to work hard to accomplish goals. The program will take place at Shreve Memorial Library branches throughout Caddo Parish Monday, June 5 through Wednesday, June 7. This program is free and opened to the public, and registration is not required to attend.
“Say W.H.A.T. Now!” is presented by The True Mission Matters (TMM) Project and features a live saxophonist, drums, step-dancing and street dance. The TMM Project consists of lead dancer, Terrance Michael Morgan, and members, Kenrie Martin and Torrez Hypolite. The TMM Project is Louisiana’s newest performing arts in education collective based out of the Acadiana area with a mission to inspire today’s youth. Members of the group have performed at The Apollo Theatre, NYC, Exposure Entertainment goes to Hollywood, Ca, Festival International De Louisiane, and the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.
“Say W.H.A.T. Now” will be held at the following Shreve Memorial Library branches according to the schedule below. Each program will last approximately one hour.
- Monday, June 5 at 4:30 p.m. -- West Shreveport Branch 4380 Pines Road
- Tuesday, June 6 at 10:30 a.m. – North Shreveport Branch 4844 N Market St.
- Tuesday, June 6 at 2:00 p.m. – Mooringsport Branch 603 Latimer St., Mooringsport, La
- Tuesday, June 6 at 4:30 p.m. – Mooretown Branch 4360 Hollywood Ave.
- Wednesday, June 7 at 10:00 a.m. – Atkins Branch 3704 Greenwood Road
- Wednesday, June 7 at 2:00 p.m. – Hamilton/South Caddo Branch 2111 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
- Wednesday, June 7 at 4:30 p.m. – Broadmoor Branch 1212 Captain Shreve Dr.
The Say W.H.A.T. Now program is part of Shreve Memorial Library’s “All Together Now” Summer Reading Program. The summer reading program begins Thursday, June 1 through Monday, July 31 and reminds all that libraries are for everyone and encourages library patrons to treat each other with kindness, foster community, celebrate diversity, and come together to create a better world. All summer reading programs are free and patrons of all ages are welcome to attend. Registration for the Summer Reading Program can be completed online through the library’s Beanstack site at https://shreve-lib.beanstack.org/reader365. Registered participants can begin logging books on June 1, with the deadline for completion of the Summer Reading Program on Monday, August 14.