Shreve Memorial Library Strategic Plan
In preparation for this Strategic Plan, Shreve Memorial Library conducted a peer evaluation to measure the success of the library when compared to peer library institutions of similar size, serving similar populations. The peer comparison showed that Shreve Memorial Library:
- Leads peer institutions in staff, revenue, hours, registered borrowers, and reference.
- Is on par with peer institutions in the number of patron visits, programs and collection.
- Falls behind peers in circulation.
Based on these standard measures, Shreve Memorial Library is delivering the essential services of libraries, but it was important to see if these services were meeting the needs of the communities we serve. You can find out more in our Strategic Plan.
- Shreve Memorial Library transforms Caddo Parish lives with resources, services and support to create a better world.
- Dream. Discover. Do. Shreve Memorial Library and You.
Our Values = SERVICE
- Support - Shreve Memorial Library staff work together to accomplish library goals, and these goals in turn support our community as it fulfills its dreams.
- Empowerment - Knowledge is power. Shreve Memorial Library finds, organizes, and makes that knowledge accessible to everyone.
- Resources - Beach read for relaxation? Technology to bridge the digital divide? Photocopy of census records from the1880s? Shreve Memorial Library provides what patrons need when they need it.
- Vision - Shreve Memorial Library's programs and materials furnish a clear vision of the future and an unobstructed view of the past.
- Innovation - Shreve Memorial Library seeks both to use innovative practices and to encourage the innovative spirit in our patrons.
- Customer Satisfaction - The most important measure of Shreve Memorial Library's success is the favorable opinion of our patrons.
- Ethics - Shreve Memorial Library strives to be an organization that both embodies the best ethical practices and assists patrons in making sound ethical choices in a complicated world.