Baker & Taylor and Sourcebooks Exclusive Digital Book Club
Shreve Memorial Library cardholders now have access to exclusive digital book club and author events through the Baker & Taylor and Sourcebooks Mystery at the Library and Teen Book Clubs. Baker & Taylor is the premier worldwide distributor of books, digital content and entertainment products. The monthly Mystery at the Library Book Club for adults and Teen Book Club provide Shreve Memorial Library patrons unlimited access to the featured e-books as well as access to live virtual book discussions with the authors. Check out these upcoming discussions:
Checking out titles is easy! Click on the LOGIN button in the top right corner to create a Library ID. When prompted, enter the following:
LIBRARY CARD ID: SHREVE + last 5 digits of your phone number
Fiction Book Club: This club meets monthly (second Tuesday and Wednesday) and reads select fiction titles. Club meetings are both in the evening and the morning to suit your schedule.
Grounds for Murder Book Club: This club meets monthly (third Tuesday at 6:00pm. Members discuss a new murder mystery or thriller while tasting new kinds of coffee.
Queer as Fluff Book Club: This club meets monthly (last Tuesday) to discuss titles with an LGBT+ theme. All are welcome to attend and join in the discussion.
Twisted Stitchers: This is a monthly knitting/crochet club. Bring your works-in-progress and questions to Twisted Stitchers. All yarn & needle crafts & all skill levels welcome!
Geek by Number: This bimonthly club meets on scheduled Saturday afternoon every two months. Attendees will have a nerdy craft started/prepped for them to finish.
Cedar Grove/Line Ave.
- Ebony Book Club: This book club for adults meets monthly. All are welcome to join the club. (for more information, call 318-868-3890)
- Red River Readers Book Club: This book club for adults meets monthly and reads titles selected by the club members. All are welcome to join the club. (for more information, call 318-868-3890)
- Around the World Book Club: This adult book club meets monthly at our Hamilton/South Caddo Branch and will be reading books by authors who are from different countries. Join in the discussion on the third Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. (for more information, call 318-687-6824)
- Story Explorers Book Club: This newly formed book club is for grades 3rd-5th. We will focus on age-appropriate books and learn about what techniques writers use to make a book interesting. Members will read books from a variety of genres. The club will meet the second Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. (for more information, call 318-687-6824)
- LBGT+ Book Club: This club meets monthly to discuss titles with an LGBT+ theme. All are welcome to attend and join in the discussion. (for more information, call 318-687-6824)
- The Power of Reading Book Club: This adult book club meets every month to discuss books. Join in the discussion on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 4:30 p.m. (for more information, call 318-636-5520)
- Books & Brats Book Club: This new outreach book club for adults will hold their first meeting at The Missing Link, 504 Texas St. in downtown Shreveport, in January 2019. You can find out more information about upcoming meetings by calling the Main Branch at 318-226-5897.
- Sistah Circle Book Club: This book club for adults meets every fourth Saturday of the month at 3 p.m. The club generally reads African American fiction, as well as general fiction and nonfiction. (for more information, call 318-636-5524)
- Magnets Book Club: This club for adults meets monthly at our Mooringsport Branch. (for more information, call 318-996-6720)
- Children’s Book Club: This club for children meets the 1st and 3rd Thursdays after school from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at our Wallette Branch. (for more information, call 318-425-3630)
- Not Your Mother’s Book Club: This book club for adults reads inspirational nonfiction and meets monthly for lively conversation and community. Meetings are open to all! (for more information, call 318-635-0883)
- Masterpiece Theater Film & Book Club: This book club for adults reads classic books and watches the film version. After viewing the movie, we discuss that month’s title. (for more information, call 318-635-0883)